Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I agree with you but..............

I completely agree with you that Harry Potter is harmless fun. They are great books that, if a child wants to read, they absolutely should.
I disagree with the notion that all Christians feel Harry Potter is demonic or evil. This is simply untrue. Below are some links to two very popular Christian sites that show pro Harry Potter articles.

Pros and Cons of Harry Potter
http://www.cbn.com/special/HarryPotter/

Pro Harry Potter -from a Christian magazine (They had more pro articles than just this one too.)
http://www.christianitytoday.com/cpt/2000/005/4.44.html

While supposedly atheists are above so many things, they are obviously not above stereotyping when it comes to Christians. There are so many types of Christians. Christianity has hundreds of different denominations (fairly creative if I do say so, myself), and many are very different from the others. Amish, fundamentalists, Methodists, Mormons and Unitarian Universalists. All of these are so different. I very often see that atheists accuse all Christians of things that only a few of them do, as if I am guilty by association. Is this really fair? Because few very vocal, crazy Christians writing garbage on the internet, I have to defend my religion?
Just because some atheists want to freeze there heads to be revived, or cloned in the future, should I assume that all atheists want to do that (as if that is part of what they are whispering about in the dark corners)? Should I make atheists defend the actions of Nazis, who were atheists? Of course I wouldn't, that wouldn't be fair. No athiest thinks like the Nazi's right? Wrong! Ofcourse, some do but not all, right? Not you! So why should you have to defend yourself?
It is not fair to be judged by the actions of a few. Christianity is sadly getting judged in that way and for many this is acceptable. It clearly shouldn't be.

No comments: