Monday, February 12, 2007

Replying

Okay, because I'm tired, I'm just going to respond to Gertie first with my theories and then Polly with how reasonable her argument is.
Gertie - I do believe you have a point with your theory. But that's not to say you "disagree" with me because I took that as kind of a support. I think of what you said about cells multiplying was interesting, and I have a question to ask: What makes a human before it multiplies any different from an amoeba before it multiplies? To me, nothing. Until the umbilical cord is cut that entity shares the same cells, thus meaning that she is one mass, and thus making her one life-form. And this is about humans, so don't go all "but in sea horses, the male nurses the young" or "but what about eggs?" on me because it's different and they're not even mammals.
Polly - I really liked your response, but I'll have to disagree with you on the whole "every other one but this one will work" and the "all life forms are equal" thing. First, I think it's wrong to support only some of the research but not all of it. I mean, that's like being a Christian and not acknowledging Hell at all. Or it could be like being a nuclear scientist and not acknowledging the death that you r invention will dole-out. Second, I don't, by any means, think that all life on Earth is equal. Humans are a cut ahead of all life, because we kill better than all other life, we think better than all other, and we love better than all other life. We are better than all other life in general. And because of that I do think we should try our best to protect our domain. We should hold all life dear, but we should not hold it as equal to ourselves.
(I was tired, okay!?)

No comments: